Professional Learning Communities
What do teachers do during Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s)?
- They work on improving instruction for your children.
- Wednesday PLCs time provide teachers with this time to collaborate with colleagues, talk about what is working and implement new professional learning in their classrooms.
- Part of this learning also includes videos of our teachers teaching, so that their practice can be viewed and discussed.
- Peer observations (where from time to time teachers observe colleagues teaching in their classroom) are planned and discussed.
- These videos and observations are used during PLC time to promote improved instructional practice and better learning situations for your children.
- PLCs provide opportunities for all of the above to happen effectively.
I hope that you appreciate that this early dismissal Wednesday time is not about “more time off for teachers”, but rather about improving instruction and improving our world by creating good citizens who can learn how to learn.